Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

















































I've been on a little bit of a baking kick recently.  I think being gluten free you are going to come across times when you just really want some delicious baked goods.  They are so hard to find (especially when gluten isn't the only thing you avoid) so the best and cheapest solution is usually to make it yourself.  I refer to these as the anti depression muffins which might seem a little bit dark, but I've heard that pumpkin seeds help with depression.  Seeing as here in Seattle we are entering into the dark days with plenty of rain and clouds (which tends to make most people a little bit down) I though that this was the perfect time to make this recipe to help perk people up.  


P U M P K I N  S P I C E  M U F F I N       R E C I P E

Ingredients
☂ 2 cups gluten free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
☂  cup & 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, shelled
☂ 2 tsp. baking powder
☂ ½ tsp. baking soda
☂ 1½  tsp. cinnamon
☂  tsp. nutmeg
☂ sprinkle of ground cloves
☂ ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
☂ ¾ cup pure pumpkin puree
☂ 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
☂ 1 cup soy milk
☂ ¾ cup brown sugar

Directions
☂ Preheat oven to 375 F.
☂ Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.  
☂ Combine all ingredients together (except for the 2 Tbsp. of pumpkin seeds) in a bowl and mix thoroughly as you go.  When the mixture is all combined distribute it evenly throughout the 12 muffin cups. 
☂ Top the muffins evenly with the 2 Tbsp. of pumpkin seeds. 
☂ Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck inside a muffin. ☂ WALAH! Enjoy and start feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment