Monday, April 21, 2014

Red Wine Balsamic Pot Roast





Pot roast is something that I feel is very personal to me.  When I created this recipe it wasn't based off of or really inspired by anything that I had seen or looked for.  I started making this a couple years ago and ever since it has been one of the best foods for me to have when I am a little meat crazed and need some comfort.  It will make you smile and your belly happy.  I know for a fact it is one of the best things that I make.  The way that I like to make pot roast is a little different than the traditional way and I don't like to cook my vegetables inside the liquid because I don't really tend to like mushy vegetables.  Also I should note that in my experience cooking roast I prefer to cook it on the stove top rather than the oven because I find it becomes more tender.  This recipe is a great recipe if you want to make something impressive, but don't really want to put a lot of fuss into cooking.  Enjoy!


R E D  W I N E  B A L S A M I C  P O T        R O A S T  R E C I P E


Ingredients 
☂ 2½ lb. chuck roast
☂ 1 tsp. salt
☂ 1 tsp. black pepper
☂ ½ Tbsp. olive oil
☂ 1 cup red wine
☂ ¾ cup balsamic vinegar 
☂ 14 cups water
☂ 2 Tbsp. Organic Beef Better Than Bouillon (if you don't have this variety then you may just use 6 cups of beef broth and 8 cups of water)

Directions
☂ Cut roast in half width wise and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper on each side of both pieces.
☂ Heat large pot to medium high heat and add in olive oil and roast.  
☂ Brown roast on all sides.
☂ When all the meat has browned on each side add in red wine, balsamic, water, and beef bouillon.  Give everything a mix and turn the heat to high.
☂ Once the pot has come to a vigorous boil, turn the heat down to medium low (around 2 or 3 setting).  Place a lid on top of the pot and cook for 2½ hours. 
☂ When the meat is cooked take it out and shred it and moisten with the liquid from the pot.
☂ You can serve this with mashed potatoes, a baked potato, asparagus, cooked carrots, or whatever your heart desires :)
☂ WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished


(just wanted to share a photo of the pretty cherry blossoms that are blooming everywhere around here!)


No comments:

Post a Comment