Saturday, October 11, 2014

Carrot Apple Muffins





























































































I have a serious question...is there anybody who doesn't like muffins?  I mean seriously, they are just the best and definitely what I think of when I think of a quick and yummy fall breakfast.  If you want to buy one dairy, gluten, egg free muffin at the store, first of all good luck finding one, and secondly it's going to cost you.  I believe they are around 5 dollars at whole foods (ridiculous).  I have good news for you though, these are easy and a lotttttt more inexpensive to make!  The great thing about muffins is that you can freeze the whole batch (once they're baked) and just heat up each one as you need them.  These are full of good things for you and are quite filling.  I have tested this recipe many times (trust me I have used any excuse to make these) so I know it's a keeper :)


C A R R O T  A P P L E  M U F F I N S       R E C I P E

Ingredients
(MAKES 12 MUFFINS)
☂ 1¾ cup of All-Purpose Gluten Free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
☂ ¾ cup brown sugar
☂ 2 tsp. baking powder
☂ ½ tsp. baking soda
☂ 1½ tsp. cinnamon
☂ ½ tsp. ground cardamom
☂ ⅓ cup golden raisins
☂ ½ cup shredded apple
☂ ½ cup shredded carrot
☂ ¾ cup soy milk (or whatever milk alternative you favor)
☂ 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil

Directions
☂ Preheat oven to 375F and line a muffin tray with 12 liners.
☂ Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and then divide evenly into muffin cups.  
☂ Bake for 20 minutes and enjoy!  They are the most delicious when they are warm, so even if you aren't eating them right after they have been baked I suggest popping them in the microwave for a few seconds to warm them up!
☂ WALAH! Enjoy and start feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment