Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bahn Mi Meatballs






So this might get me in trouble, but I've got to say it.  I've never enjoyed bahn mi meatballs until I made them at home myself.  I always have found that they are lacking in the flavor department and for me that's just a no go.  So I developed this recipe and these are straight-up bursting with flavor (hope I'm not tooting my own horn too much, but I am very proud of these.)  I actually made these this past year for my birthday party and they were very well received.  They are so cram-packed with veggies so they leave you feeling really great, but are also quite hearty. 


B A H N  M I  M E A T B A L L S   R E C I P E


Ingredients
Meatballs
☂ 1 lb. lean ground beef (at least 90% lean)
☂ 1½ cups of red cabbage, shredded
☂ 3 green onions, minced
☂ 1 Tbsp. tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
☂ 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
☂ ½ Tbsp. sriracha hot sauce
☂ 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
☂ olive oil

Carrot Slaw
☂ 4 cups of carrots, shredded
☂ 5 green onions (green part only), chopped 
☂ 1 cup of thai basil, chopped
☂ 2 Tbsp. sugar
☂ juice of 2 limes

Additional Ingredients
☂ lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
☂ 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced 
☂ sweet chili sauce or sriracha mayonnaise for topping sauce

Directions
☂ Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
☂ Mix all meatball ingredients together and form into 12 meatballs.
☂ Place meatballs on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
☂ Bake for 20 minutes.
☂ Mix all carrot slaw ingredients together while the meatballs bake.
To assemble place down a lettuce leaf, 3 meatballs, carrot slaw, cucumbers, and your desired dressing (I love this with sweet chili sauce!!)
WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished







No comments:

Post a Comment