Sunday, February 23, 2014

Crunchy Chickpeas

I am a huge fan of chickpeas, like huuuugee, I have been through a period of hummus addiction and I'm proud to announce that with help and support I am now a recovering addict (but get me around some Trader Joe's tomato basil hummus and it's game over.)  Anyways this is just a little bit of a different take on chickpeas and quite a lot easier than whipping up a batch of hummus. 
But it's only fair that I'm perfectly honest with you about how addicting these are.  I typically polish off the whole tray myself in one sitting, but at least they're healthy right?  These are great if you want to get in some extra protein from a source other than meat, and because these are super filling they will leave you satisfied.  


C R U N C H Y  C H I C K P E A S  R E C I P E

Ingredients
15 ounce can of chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
☂ ½ tsp. salt & add a small pinch right when they come out of the oven
☂ ½ tsp. black pepper
1½ Tbsp. ground cumin (use more or less depending on your preferences)
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
2 tsp. olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
Drain can of chickpeas and pat them completely dry.
Place them into the baking pan and toss them with all remaining ingredients.
Bake for 40 minutes and WALAH! Enjoy and start feeling nourished








No comments:

Post a Comment