Thursday, May 15, 2014

Honey Mustard Dressing
























































Everyone who cooks has a thing that they feel like they are particularly good at (a niche), for me that is sauces.  I love to make sauces because a sauce can completely transform a boring dish.  Sauces are something you can totally wing on the spot with what you have on hand and they are also very forgiving.  Dressing falls into that sauce category for me, so it is also something I love to make.  I honestly don't know why anyone buys bottled dressing because for one they are so easy to make and they are a lot more delicious homemade, but you can also make them a lot healthier and avoid the chemicals they use in preserving dressings.  Dressings are also particularly quick to whip up and you can totally tailor it to what you love.  When I ate eggs I would mix some of this honey mustard dressing into mayonnaise and a little bit of water and it would make the most delicious creamy dressing.  This dressing can be used for a lot of things though; a sauce for chicken, dipping sauce for veggies, or just traditionally over a salad.  I personally like vegetables, but if I''m going to eat a big salad it has got to have a tasty dressing on it and this totally fits the bill.  

H O N E Y  M U S T A R D  D R E S S I N G     R E C I P E

Ingredients
☂ 4 Tbsp. whole grain mustard (it is essential that it is whole grain because it is a milder mustard and a lot more flavorful)
☂ 3 Tbsp. olive oil
☂ 4½ Tbsp. honey
☂ ¼ tsp. black pepper
☂ ½ tsp. salt
☂ 3 Tbsp. water
☂ pinch of cayenne pepper

Directions
☂ Place all ingredients together in a food processor and blend for about 1-2 minutes.  
☂ Taste dressing and adjust seasonings to your liking!
☂ This recipe makes about 1 cup of dressing.
☂ WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment