Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sweet Texas-Style BBQ Sauce























BBQ sauce is such a personal preference kind of thing and there seems to be about a million different varieties.  I like mine to be sweet, but not too sweet, spicy, but not too spicy, and thick haha.  I felt like a little bit of an idiot describing my type of BBQ sauce, but there it is and that's how I like it.  BBQ sauce is actually one of those bottled foods that I think you can find pretty good ones of at the store, but sometimes good isn't good enough.  Especially when it takes no time to whip up your own and it does really taste a lot fresher and more flavorful.  Plus you can monitor the sugar and salt amounts and tailor it more to your own needs.  I am all about tailoring things to your own liking because I am well aware everyone likes things differently.  I use this BBQ sauce for ribs, chicken, pulled pork, and in my Honey BBQ Meatloaf Muffins that will be coming up in my next recipe post!  

S W E E T  T E X A S - S T Y L E  B B Q       S A U C E  R E C I P E

Ingredients
☂ 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
☂ 1 Tbsp. olive oil
☂ 1 cup ketchup 
☂ juice of 1 medium orange
☂ ¼ cup sugar
☂ 1 Tbsp. molasses (I use organic black strap variety because it is super healthy [high in iron, calcium, and helps prevent cancer !hell yeah!]
☂ ⅓ cup. Worcestershire sauce
☂ 1 chipotle chili (from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce), minced

Directions
☂ Place a medium sauce pan on the stove.  Pour in 1 Tbsp. olive oil and thinly sliced garlic cloves.  Once those are in, turn heat to medium-low and let saute for about 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown but not burned!
☂ Then add in all the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer on medium-high.  Be careful because this can easily start to splatter and make a mess!  Once you bring it to a simmer put a lid on it and drop the heat back to low.  Let it cook for about 10 minutes until it has thickened.
☂ WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment