Friday, March 14, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Crumble





I've been sick a few days this week, and what do I decide to do the minute I get better?!  Make dessert of course (haha!)  At least this one is somewhat healthy.  The great thing about apple crumble is it's one of those perfect foods that is acceptable at any time of day even though it's totally a dessert.  That's what I love about it.  I make it quite frequently and right now--I don't know if it's just in the PNW, but apples have been seriously cheap--so I've been making it even more.  It doesn't take very long to whip up either so it's great for a weekday dessert.  But really, I just love baking anything with apples in it because it fills the house with such a cozy scent.  It's one of my favorite smells in the whole world.  

A P P L E  C I N N A M O N  C R U M B L E     R E C I P E


Ingredients
Apple Filling
☂ 8 cups of thinly sliced apples, [cored, seeded] (you want a variety of apple that is firm and crisp such as Gala)
☂ juice of a large lemon (or 3 small tangerines [cuties])
☂ 4 Tbsp. sugar
☂ ¼ tsp. ground ginger
☂ ¼ tsp. nutmeg
☂ 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
☂ 3 Tbsp. cornstarch

Crumble Topping
☂ 1½ cups of gluten-free oats
☂ 1 tsp. cinnamon
☂ 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
☂ 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
☂ 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
☂ ½ tsp. fleur de sel sea salt (or ¼ tsp. table salt)

Directions
☂ Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
☂ Combine all apple filling ingredients and place into a 9" by 13" pan.
☂ Combine all crumble topping ingredients and spread oven the apple filling in the pan.
☂ Bake for 45 minutes.
 WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished




No comments:

Post a Comment