Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Candied Nuts


Oh my goodness, I love these.  I really do.  I've been making candied nuts for a while now. It doesn't really matter what kind of nuts you have on hand, so this recipe is super versatile.  This recipe is also super simple, but I just wanted to demonstrate how easy it is to make something so delicious.  These are great on their own, in a salad (my personal favorite way of eating them), or in a parfait or any dessert that needs a little crunch.  I happened to have cashews on hand this time, but I usually make this with walnuts or almonds and those are both equally as good.  


C A N D I E D  N U T S  R E C I P E


Ingredients
☂ 1 cup of nuts (I used cashew pieces)
☂ 3½ Tbsp. sugar
☂ sprinkling of fleur de sel sea salt (optional)

Directions
☂ Place the nuts into a pan and then turn the pan onto medium heat and let them sit for a minute.
☂ Give the nuts a toss and then continue to let them toast.
☂ When they begin getting a few small black marks (takes around 3-5 minutes), turn the heat of the pan off and add the sugar.  
☂ Toss the nuts in the sugar letting the sugar melt and begin to coat the nuts.
☂ When the sugar has all melted pour the nuts onto a plate in a single layer and sprinkle with a little bit of fleur de sel.
☂ You can eat these hot or let them cool, they are delicious either way!
 WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment