Saturday, March 8, 2014

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies









In the past I always gave peanut butter cookies the shaft.  They didn't taste like I felt a peanut butter cookie should.  Plus there were always superior cookies so it wasn't really a problem.  When I became gluten free, cookies became a little bit harder to make and I began to think that peanut butter cookies might actually be good gluten free.  When I became egg free it became even more challenging.  The tofu in this recipe replaces the egg, and honestly I think it's even better with the tofu.  If you're worried about it I assure you that you don't even taste it.  And if you want to totally make these cookies over the top you can turn them into ice cream sandwiches because they are freakin fabulous like that.  When I do that I use soy vanilla ice cream from Trader Joe's.  It is seriously one of my favorite desserts I have ever had.  


F L O U R L E S S  P E A N U T  B U T T E R   C O O K I E S  R E C I P E

Ingredients
☂ 1 cup of creamy peanut butter (the cheap stuff, I used Kroger brand)
☂ ½ cup light brown sugar
☂ ½ cup silken tofu (i use Morinaga Silken Tofu that comes in a 12 oz. box and is in the canned food isle of the grocery store)
☂ 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
☂ ½ tsp. fleur de sel sea salt (or ¼ tsp. table salt)
☂ ½ tsp. baking soda
parchment paper

Directions
☂ Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
☂ In a bowl, mash up the silken tofu with a fork until it almost smooth and will blend easily into the dough.
☂ To the tofu add the rest of the ingredients and mix them together until everything is well combined.
☂ Line one cookie sheet with parchment paper (I usually spray the cookie sheet first so that the parchment will adhere to the cookie sheet.)
☂ Form the cookie dough into 9 balls and place on the cookie sheet.
☂ Get a cup of warm water and a fork.  Dip the fork in the water before stamping each cookie as show in the first photo.  Dipping the fork in the water prevents the cookie from sticking to the fork.
☂ Place the cookies in the oven for 14-16 minutes depending how crunchy you like your cookie.
☂ After baking pull the cookies out of the oven and let them sit for at least 30 minutes to harden.  When you first pull them out they will seem too soft and not done, but they just need to sit.  
 WALAH!  Enjoy and start feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment