Friday, March 21, 2014

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats


I have the most beautiful dog in not only the whole world, but in the universe.  It's a fact that really can't be changed so we accept it.  His name is Cody, but is also called Codychoms, Codery, Toady, Bumble Bee, Rumble Ree, and Buttface (by my dad).  He is a 14 year old border collie mix mutt and we've had him since he could crawl underneath the small space between our kitchen countertop/cabinets and the floor.  Sometimes he's been mischievous like when he use to dig out of our yard and run around the neighborhood which is why you may notice he has just one eye.  Sometimes he still is mischievous like when he steals our tissues and eats them (what is that all about?!)  Or when he hops onto the couch when he thinks no one is home (this secretly cracks me up.)  What I love most about him are the little things like when I let him go outside and he rolls around happily on his stomach.  Or when he gets exciting and runs back and forth around the house.  He's really a special guy to me and a great source of love and joy.  That being said I like him to know how much I love him and care about him so when I have the time I make him homemade treats.   He loves these treats and they are also very good for him!  Pumpkin is great for dogs; it helps their digestion because it gives them fiber and is believed to help prevent cancer!  When you're making dog treats yourself you know what's going into them, and I can guarantee you if you buy treats you're going to be getting more fillers than actual pumpkin or the good ingredients that you want for your dog. 


P U M P K I N  P E A N U T  B U T T E R  D O G  T R E A T S  R E C I P E

Ingredients
☂ 2 cups of white rice flour
☂ ½ cup. gluten-free oats
☂ 1¼ cups canned pumpkin (pure pumpkin with no other ingredients)
☂ 1 Tbsp. peanut butter (natural variety with no added sugar)
☂ ¼ tsp. salt
☂ parchment paper

Directions
☂ Preheat oven to 350F degrees.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. 
☂ Mix together all ingredients until they are well combined.  
☂ Roll out the dough until it is roughly a ½ inch thick.  Cut into small rectangles (it will make around 20 treats) and place them onto the baking sheet.
☂ Poke each treat with a fork a few times so that the treats remain flat and don't puff and create air holes.  
☂ Bake for 45 minutes.
☂ WALAH!  Enjoy and I hope your doggie starts feeling nourished

No comments:

Post a Comment